Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week of April 10th

The Lion of Judah???
Have you ever felt trapped?  It seems that there are about a billion books out there that talk about getting out of the job or career that you are "stuck" in and getting that dream job.

Why is that?

This culture has a deep urge to be something great but seldom wants to put in the blood, sweat and tears to get to where they want to go.  Most of the time they don't even start!  Something is better than perfect.

Eldredge quotes Thoreau in saying that we as men are "leading lives of quiet desperation".

I don't know about you but I have been known to have moments of self pity and feeling bad for myself.  When I look back at those times it wasn't my pouting that moved me through that time, it was doing something.  Anything.

Our Fear
I hear many people say that the times today are so hard.  What if they step out of their comfort zone and try something new and it fails?

SO WHAT?  Who cares?  Seriously?  Who has the time to sit around and point out failures?  Are those the people that you care about?

It has been said that the people with the most success are standing on all of their failures.

How does fear make you feel?  Anxious, sleepless, short tempered, tired, slow to act?

Wouldn't you rather be a strong, confident, wise, and thoughtful man?  Hint:  you don't get there by never doing

What is a Man For?
Eldredge starts this section talking about Adam and why God would create Adam.

"Desire reveals design, and design reveals destiny."

Sit with that a moment.  God's desire is revealed in how we were designed and our design reveals out destiny.

  • What are you afraid of accomplishing?
  • What is keeping you from being free?
  • What is your purpose?

1 comment:

  1. This is a sample comment.

    I don't think that I am fearful but it seems that when I start something new I tend to fail and instead of standing on my failures to reach success I end up buried by the failures and not able to get up and get going.

    ReplyDelete